diamond engagement rings, I always thought that I am one of those gals that knows exactly what she wants when it is the time to pick one out. I became the most indecisive person ever. What I thought I wanted was my last choice and a big disappointment in the end and what I didn't want in the beginning made me the happiest gal. Ironic uh!!!
From my own experience and talking to other gal pals, I found that it is important to:
1. Try on different ring styles, keep an open mind and don't be afraid to ask questions.
2. Communicate with your partner about likes and dislikes. Mr. Savvy insisted I pick out the ring style of choice. He said my happiness is the most important factor. I think he is afraid if I don't like it, he might have to buy me another ring. ~Smile.
3. Do your research about 4 C's: color, clarity, carat, and cut. If possible, personally inspect the rock first as not all diamonds are created equal even with the same specifications.
4. Know one's priority regarding 4's given a the budget. I picked color, cut, carat and then clarity.
5. Given I spend so much effort on the main rock, I also made up all the side stones matches in color and clarity so everything looks uniform.
6. I had my ring custom made which allowed me to size to my finger exactly down to a quarter size.
7. FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG. THEY MEAN WELL, BUT THESE ARE ALL JUST OPINIONS.