Apr 27, 2012
Linguine with Yellow Bell Pepper, Sausage & Arugula
-2 large yellow bell pepper --- slice into thin stripes
-2 cups of arugula
-1 package of sausage (use any flavor you like) --- I think Italian or Cajun will work the best with this particular dish --- slice into about 1/2 cm thickness
-6 garlic --- slice into thin slices
Boil water, add a dash of salt and cook 4 serving of linguine and keep one cup of pasta water. Follow cooking instruction on package.
1. Saute sausage slices in about 2 tablespoon of olive oil until slightly brown
2. Add sliced garlic --- cook for about another minutes until garlic slices are lightly golden
3. Add yellow bell pepper and cook until tender --- do not over cook
4. Add one cup of pasta water and salt to taste
5. Add pasta and mix thoroughly to ensure each strand of noodle is coated with delicious sauce.
6. Add one tablespoon of butter to pasta to make sauce creamy and rich. --- I cut down amount of butter from the original recipe, which was 4 tablespoons from memory.
7. Toss arugula to pasta last minute to keep it fresh. I just add a handful of arugula on top of pasta to serve. Each person can toss before eating. This way arugula will still be fresh and tasty.
Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Cooking!!