Many moons ago, I only liked white gold or platinum. I thought gold looked too mature. However yellow and rose gold got to me this couple of years. I have been buying rose and yellow gold pieces. Gees, I must be getting old uh......Between rose and yellow gold, I much prefer rose gold over yellow because it appears warmer. Yellow gold seems slightly cooler, although I won't turn it down if anyone wants to buy me yellow gold jewelry. The Bvlgari B. Zero necklace on left is rose gold and the ring on right is yellow gold; there is definitely a difference in the warmth. Both are currently my favorite pieces to throw on. Gold in its pure form is yellow in color. Adding different alloy elements will change the color. For example, a mix of copper and yellow gold will yield rose gold.
1. Everlon Diamond Knot Rose Gold Necklace starting at $329 (1 + 2 via Kranich's) --- I like the simple design. It's like bezel setting, except with a modern twist.
2. Everlon Diamond Knot Rose Gold Ring $449
3. Tiffany Rose Gold and Diamond Key Necklace $1650
4. Ippolita Rose Gold plated Sterling Silver and Quartz Bangle $695 via Nordstrom
5. Dominique Cohen Rose Gold Earrings $995 via Saks
6. Roberto Coin Diamond Rose Gold Bangle $2780 via Nordstrom
What is the gold of choice for you, white, yellow or rose??