For the longest time I didn't care much for the studded detail shoes. Then everything changed after I got myself a pair of gold studded strappy sandals from Michael Kor a few months ago and fell in adoration with the trend. Although I know this is a trendy element rather than a classical element, I am still lusting after a pair of studded heels, not that I need another pair of heels as I still have a few pairs still brand new in the box. I usually don't mind spending money on shoes but in this case I am debating if I should skip premium designers like Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin since these will be trendy for a couple of seasons only. Knowing me, I probably will not wear them after a couple of seasons. My Savvy Picks:
1. Pour La Victoria $380 via Intermixonline.com
2. Top Shop via Elle.com
3. Aldo $125 via Aldo.com --- This is my savvy pick because the style is very simple but the detail is all rock and roll.
4. Dolce Vita $210 via Bloomingdales
My Splurge Picks:
5. Prada $820 via Saks
6. Giuseppe Zanotti $895 via Saks
7. Prada studded booties $870 via Neiman Marcus
8. Jimmy Choo Karina studded mesh booties $1095 via Nordstrom --- Why is my absolute favorite studded pair of heels the most costly? Ouch! This is the time when my SA will comment I have wonderful taste uh.....
How would you wear studded detail shoes/heels this fall?
Since there are so much detail and hardware already, I would pair these shoes with plain leggings or skinny jeans along with dramatic comfy wrap cardigan for fall or a fur piece for the dead of winter (*We might have to wait a while for dead of winter as summer is still very much present). A monochromatic dress or outfit with a short leather jacket will make this whole look smashing as well. Of course I will probably add a long necklace or statement bracelet for accent. Basically I will try to achieve I-am-cool-and-chic rather than Little-House-on-the-Prairie. What about you?