I have had readers write me about how to wear shorter sleeve jackets so taking this opportunity to discuss this issue. There is really no different between wearing a short sleeve jacket vs. a normal long sleeve jacket. So what are some ways to wear short sleeve jackets?
1. In the summer I have worn short sleeve suits to meeting. I would just pair a sleeveless or short sleeve shirt underneath.
2. Layering a long sleeve fitted top or shirt or sweater under a shorter sleeve jacket is very stylish too.
3. Short sleeve jackets are the perfect topper for a dress. Visually shorter sleeve jackets are so much lighter than a normal sleeve length jacket.
images via style.com
Basic 3/4 sleeve length jacket
1. Valentino black jacket $990 via Valentino --- A basic black jacket, a gal can't never have too many!
2. Ann Taylor black fitted jacket $169 via Ann Taylor --- a savvy substitute for the Valentino
3. Akris vertical grey/white jacket $1290 via Saks --- A perfect spring and summer jacket
What about 3/4 length sleeve with personality?
4. Ellen Tracey leather jacket $498 via Saks
5. Elizabeth and James $395 via Nordstrom ---- A pop of color is savvy!
6. Mike + Chris military jacket $195 via Nordstrom
7. Marc by Marc Jacob eyelet jacket $348 via Nordstrom
SG's favorite denim and linen!!
8. 7 for all mankind $250 via Nordstrom --- I would roll up the roll of my denim jacket in the summer to pair with a cute feminine dress.
9. Summer linen jacket $138 via Banana Republic --- Linen might wrinkle but a great piece for light summer looks. I do like the wrinkled grungy look.
10. Juicy fitted blazer $248 via Nordstrom --- My favorite (have my eyes on this) piece!!! This will be perfect with so many looks: polish pants/skirt for a casual chic look, tee and white jeans for a casual look and cute summer dress for a classic feminine look.
So savvy readers, do you like 3/4 sleeve length jacket and how do you wear this style?