After seeing this picture of Nicole Richie in cutoff denim shorts, I am itching to cut into a couple pairs of my jeans in preparation for hot summer days. Also looking at her skinny legs makes me want to workout a lot harder.
Of course SG immediately makes a beeline toward some of my favorite shopping sites and I sure do like 1 and 2 but I might just DIY with my old jeans and oil paint brush. What is summer without denim shorts or any short, right? Of course, white or light color shorts are a must-have as well for the fresh summer look. For those I-want-color days, what about a pair of bright color shorts to make an outfit extra snazzy?
For those hot summer days when a gal want to paint the town red, I think a polish pair of shorts in smooth satin or silk with a cute top and accessory makes quite a statement. For those gals wanting to avoid super short shorts, a pair of mid-thigh or knee length shorts is the perfect solution. I tend to buy longer shorts in more polish material for the classy refine look.
1. True Religion denim shorts $187 via Saks (1 + 2 have DIY potential)
2. Blank graffiti denim shorts $69 via Saks
3. CK convertible shorts $39.95 via Nordstrom --- this pair can be worn as short shorts or a longer shorts by letting down the hem via a button
4. Tory Burch bright blue shorts $175 via Saks
5. Elizabeth and Jame black polish shorts $245 via Saks --- I would definitely go out in 5+6 in the evening by adding a dressy top and cute bling sandals or gladiator style heels
6. Loeffler Randall silk drape shorts $195 via Saks
7. Emporio Armani cotton/linen shorts @195 via EA
8. Diane von Furstenberg walking shorts $185 via Sakes --- Throw on a short jacket, this pair of dressy shorts is good for a casual office day. I can see myself wearing a loose thin tunic and strappy sandals having a beautiful summer day luncheon at the Ritz, preferably outdoor.
What about you, are you ready for summer shorts yet?