My name is SG, and I have a problem. I am a bag and shoe addict. I admit I do "invest" in handbags and shoes so in order to get the maximum number of years out of each one, I care for these little lovelies like family in order to enjoy them for years. This is what I do to care for them:
1. Rotate shoes if possible, do not wear the same shoes 3 days in a row
2. If encounter water or dirt, wipe off with clean cloth as soon as possible
3. Stuff shoes with tissues to keep the shape after wearing them (I usually use tissues from shopping)
4. Leave in shoe bag if possible when in storage
5. Spray with leather protection before wearing and after a period
6. Add Vibram sole if possible (about $30 to $40 per pair)--- For expensive shoes, they are worth the money.
7. Condition shoes with wax and mink oil from time to time --- I condition my shoes every quarter because I don't wear each pair often
How do you care for your shoes?