Flowers are certainly blooming in the fashion world recently. I am seeing floral prints on clothes, bags, shoes and accessories. Floral prints seem to bring out brightness and vitality from within. Perhaps with the economic slump, we do need a little cheerful brightness. Every time I wear floral prints, I can feel my steps lighter and feeling happier. Pic left Gucci
Pic right Pucci (both via style.com)
1. Alice + Olivia $295
2. Juicy Couture $268 (1+2 via Nordstrom)
3. Jenni Kayne via shopbop $495
4. Paul Smith via Zappo $234 --- Fun but rather costly
5. Ralph Lauren silk floral skirt via RL $445
6. Floral print long silk scarf via Banana Republic $39 (75" x 11") --- adding a silk floral scarf will instantly update an outfit to reflect spring floral trend
7. Joie orange floral top $168 --- SG's pick!
8. Valentino floral wedge $895 (7+8 via Saks) --- Too pricey for a trendy purchase
If wearing flowers does not appeal to you, what about flower decor for the home?
Michael Aram flower vase $158 via Saks
Faberge Egg with flowers $750 via Bloomingdales
I wonder if going floral will make me look like that Victoria Secret model on left??? I can hope right! Have hope is a beautiful thing. ~ smile.