Trendy is great for fashion, but when it comes to watches which may cost upward of hundreds to hundred of thousands, classic watches will always come out ahead. Classic pieces retain more value than trendy time pieces. Even after years, classic watches like classic bags will not appear old or dated. If I am going to invest in a watch which can be from several hundreds and up, I will want to get many years of utility from such a big ticket item. 1. Cartier Pasha, $5000 and up --- This classic Cartier watch has been on SG's wish list for its sporty and classic attributes.
2. IWC Portofino about $3000 and up --- This simple watch is actually for savvy guys but SG is enamour with oversize watches currently. It's larger but not overwhelming.
3. Patek Philippe about $58,000 if lucky enough to locate one --- I tried this one on at a Patek party and fell in adoration ever since. But, I think it's too pricey for me now.
4. Burberry $395 --- Burberry is not known for watches but I like the classic simple shape. A guy or gal can wear this for years. And, it's similar to Cartier Pasha for a much savvier price.
5. Swatch Stainless Steel $150 --- It's another simple classic watch for those who do not wish to spend an arm and a leg to tell time.
6. Rolex Date Just Mid-size about $6000 and up --- I am drooling over mid-size Rolex right now. Larger size Rolex is sportier. Mid-size is great for those with small wrist but still want a oversize watch. Besides, it's a Rolex!
7. Tag Heuer Link about $1700 --- Tag watches are classic, sporty and very solid in quality with fairly reasonable price for novice watch collectors.
8. Chanel J12 about $4200 and up --- Chanel J12 put ceramic watches in the fashion limelight. J12 model is very simple and savvy for fashionable trendy gals.
When shopping for watches with huge ticket prices, always ask for a break. After all, a savvy gal/guy will look for the best without paying the most. What is your classic watch?
image: 4,5,7 via nordstrom, rolex, chanel, patek philippe