Back in the days when my airline of choice provided savvy in-flight care package with products such as L'Occitane facial and hand lotion along with match lip balms and comfy slippers, SG would be radiant upon arrival. Now, with the cutbacks, travelers are lucky to get water and on time departure. I usually prepare an in-flight package for myself in order be stay hydrated and radiant upon arrival, of course keeping in mind all the restrictions about liquids and creams. So there is my must-have list when I flight trans-Atlantic or Pacific:
1. Sample size of my favorite facial and hand lotions, which is La Mer
2. Flip flops and socks (they are also great for inside the hotel as SG refuses to walk barefoot inside a hotel room)
3. Bottle water (I avoid drinking soda and alcohol to maintain hydration)
4. Clothe hydrating facial mask to rehydrate my face half way through the flight, I usually wait until everyone is asleep because I have gotten more than one curious look. Neutrogena works really well for me. After the 15 minute session (no need to rinse off), my skin is soft and radiant. I am serious!
5. A good book and laptop
6. Bring healthy snacks
7. Comfy traveling "cotton" clothes
8. Lip balm
9. Disposable contact lenses (I will switch to glasses after about 2 hours into my flight.)
10. Pepto Bismal! Trust me, I have heard many upset stomach stories on long haul flights which are not appropriate for polite company and dinner table.
So savvy people, what are some of your flight necessities to make your trip comfortable?